Designed to fit your schedule
Earn your degree in as little as one year from a top 20 university
No GRE required
USC Bovard College’s Master of Science in Human Resource Management is ideal for professionals already working in the field of Human Relations who understand the value of a graduate degree from a topflight university and how it can advance your career.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward your professional success, we’re here to answer your questions and guide you through the admissions process.
Our flexible curriculum can be taken in a 1 or 2-year track, and we offer three enrollment dates each year.
To be considered for the MS in Human Resource Management program, candidates must meet the following admissions standards:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Normally a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 (based on a 4.0 grading scale) or documented professional-level achievement.
- For international applicants, a valid score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English (PTE).
Required Admissions Materials
- A completed Graduate Admissions Application
- Application fee: $90
- A scanned copy of your official transcripts, to be uploaded with your online application. Once your application is complete and if you are accepted into the program, you will then be asked to request your official transcripts from all previously attended institutions in order to register for classes. (Note: Transcripts should be mailed to one of the Graduate Admission office addresses provided in the link. Do not mail transcripts to Bovard College or individual academic departments.)
- An up-to-date professional resume
- Statement of purpose (approximately 500 – 1000 words addressing why you want a MSHRM degree, why the program at USC is the best program for you, and how this program is going to help you in your career)
- Letters of recommendation:
- 2 – 3 preferred for all applicants
- For applicants that do not meet the undergraduate GPA requirements, and/or do not have at least 2 years of work experience, we require submission of at least 2 professional letters of recommendation. Academic letters are acceptable for applicants with limited professional experience.
- For international applicants, official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English (PTE) score report.
USC Bovard College completes a comprehensive review of all applications. We do not use a formula. Successful applicants will have demonstrated academic and/or professional success.
How to Apply
1. Submit your application, supplemental material, and application fee
After you submit the USC Graduate Admission application, you will receive a 10-digit USC ID by email, typically within 2-3 days. You will need to reference your 10-digit USC ID when applying for Financial Aid at USC, and ordering official transcripts from previously attended institutions.
Note: Your 10-digit USC ID is different from the USC CAS ID you will receive when you begin your application. The CAS ID is only required for technical support during the application process.
2. Track Application and apply for Financial Aid
The youSC site allows all applicants to track their USC application. Through youSC, applicants may also access the Financial Aid Summary and Tasks (FAST) site to submit financial aid documents and check your financial aid application status.
Using the same email you used in your application, create your youSC account here: https://you.usc.edu/login/
3. Complete the USC Enrollment and Housing Form
As part of the Financial Aid process, students must also submit an Enrollment and Housing form. While the housing section is not applicable for most online students, you will use this form to indicate the number of units for which you intend to enroll each semester. This information then determines your anticipated financial needs.
You can complete the USC Enrollment and Housing form through your youSC account: https://you.usc.edu/login/
Applicants should note that USC Bovard College is currently not accepting applications to the Online MS in Human Resource Management program from Arkansas and Minnesota. If you live in a state from which we are not currently accepting students, please reach out to the Bovard College Admissions Office. Their contact information is below.
After You Apply
For questions on application requirements or additional assistance completing your application you may contact Bovard College Admissions at 213-821-3000 or email us.